Truth be told, it takes a rather special & unique type of person to even want to be considered for a position & a seat on any Philanthropic Board of Directors, and our Public Charity's Board is no different. It's a commitment, and one that should only be made by folks who are dedicated to the vision & the goals of our modest Charitable Foundation, and only by those who truly want to try their best to do what it takes to insure that SeMPer FREY, Inc. enjoys every success possible going forward, and that the Foundation assists people and organizations in ways consistent with our Public Charity's Mission Statement.
The formal & official By-Laws of SeMPer FREY, Inc. dba The Wishes GRANTed Foundation, adopted 02/25/2022, are written to specifically and intentionally promote, foster & encourage new & fresh & proactive thoughts and ideas among and between Board Officers & Directors. In other words, stated a bit more simply and directly, Board Members have limited terms, and therefore change & replacement is inevitable and fully expected and anticipated (if not quite frankly, embraced). Toward that end & that reality, it's now time to replace one of our inaugural Board members. In fact, going forward, each inaugural Board member (& those Board members who replace them) will "one day" move on in order to make room for new folks and with it, the immediate influx of new ideas & energies & thoughts & ideas & ideals! Might you be or might you know someone who quite literally "belongs" on our Board. If so, APPLY NOW.
Our Foundation's By-Laws quite clearly & effectively explain "the How & the Why" re: Director seats / positions on our Public Charity's Board, to include "when" these important seats come-up & are available. It's interesting reading (& quite informative, and important if not mandatory) for all those folks who "live & breath" to serve on a Philanthropic Board such as ours. BUT, please be reminded as you read on that, "There is no harder work than volunteer work......" Now, for the "rough & ready" out there, READ ON (& then APPLY NOW):
1. There are FOUR (4) inaugural / initial Directors of SeMPer FREY, Inc. dba The Wishes GRANTed Foundation ("Foundation") (SEE, Articles of Incorporation filed in DCCA SOH on 01/08/2021)(SEE ALSO, Minutes of the First Mtg. of the Incorporators on 03/29/2021 & Minutes of the First Mtg. of the Bd. of Directors ["BOD"] on 03/29/2021)(SEE ALSO, By-Laws, Article V. 5.2(a)).
A) THREE of the FOUR inaugural Directors were initially & formally approved, placed & installed on our Foundation's Board on 01/08/2021, and the 4th inaugural Director was thereafter approved, placed & installed on our Foundation's Board on 03/29/2021 (SEE, Articles of Incorporation filed in DCCA SOH on 01/08/2021)(SEE ALSO, Minutes of the First Mtg. of the Incorporators on 03/29/2021 & Minutes of the First Mtg. of the Bd. of Directors ["BOD"] on 03/29/2021).
2. Each of the FOUR (4) inaugural / initial Directors serve on our Foundation's Board for a term of THREE (3) years, or until the First Annual Membership Mtg. (SEE, By-Laws, Article V. 5.2(a)). The First Annual Membership Mtg. was held on 02/25/2022 (SEE, BOD Mins. dated 02/28/2022).
3. Having served the Board with dignity, purpose, dedication & honor as the inaugural / initial Directors from 01/08/2021 (or from 03/29/2021 for ONE of the FOUR inaugural / initial Directors) up to and including the date of the First Annual Membership / Bd. of Directors Meeting on 02/25/2022. Pursuant to the mandate(s) of the referenced By-Laws, beginning on 02/25/2022 (interpreted, at the Bd. President's discretion & election, to begin on APRIL 1st), each of the Directors shall have staggered terms of one (1), two (2), three (3) (and so on) years (SEE, By-Laws, Article V, 5.2(b))(SEE ALSO, BOD Mins. dated 02/28/2021).
4. Pursuant to the detail & specificity & authority presented herein above at paragraphs 1. - 3., to include all sub-paragraphs made a part thereof, the term of ONE of the FOUR existing inaugural / initial Directors is up & shall end as of & on the date of the 2023 Annual Mtg. (to be / not yet scheduled) (and each year thereafter, in 2024 & 2025 & 2026, the term(s) of one more of the initial FOUR Directors will be up & shall end as of & on the date(s) of the Annual Mtgs. for each of these referenced years (SEE, By-Laws, Article V. 5.2(b)).
Stated as simply & as clearly & as directly as possible, it is NOW TIME for the existing Bd. Officers & Directors to begin accepting applications from all those folks who are interested & motivated & really want to be a member of our Foundation's Board of Directors. There will be ONE (1) opening / position / seat on the Board to be discussed & essentially chosen at the 2023 Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors (to be / not yet scheduled). SO, now's the time. Don't be shy. APPLY NOW.
Our dedicated Foundation 'Ohana doesn't want to make it too difficult for interested folks to apply for a seat / position on our Charitable Organization's Board of Directors. It's simply not our style & not how we want to be or to act. SO, the process is quite simple & very straightforward. Here's all you have to do to be considered for the next opening / available seat on our Foundation's Bd. of Directors:
1. Email our Bd. Secretary, Maria "Mia" Fialho Frey.
A) Direct Email Contact: Mia.SeMPerFREYInc@gmail.com
2. Copy your email to MIA to our Bd. Founder & President, P. Gregory "Greg" Frey.
A) Direct Email Contact: RIP.RememberGrantFreyAlways@gmail.com
3. Provide ALL relevant contact information, to include your USPS mailing address, (Work & Home) email address(es) and (Work, Home & Cellular) phone number(s).
4. Tell us why it makes sense to you & perhaps more importantly, why it should also make sense to us (i.e., the current Bd. Officers & Directors) to select you to be our newest Director / Bd. member.
A) Tell us about your past Bd. service experience, IF any.
B) Tell us what unique and/or special talents & skills you will bring to the Bd., IF any, as its newest Director.
C) Tell us your connection to and/or association with LtCol Grant V. Frey, USMC (Ret.) (i.e., Did you and/or how did you know him?), if any, and/or with any other current Bd. Officer / Director, if any?
D) Tell us "anything & everything" else you want to share which you think mught help us understand you, your passion(s) and the reason(s) you want to be a part of our Foundation 'Ohana.
1. Is prior experience serving on and/or working with a Charitable Organization Board of Directors necessary and/or required in order to apply for a position / seat on the SeMPer FREY, Inc. Board?
NO. Our selection will be based upon numerous factors, to include life & work & personal experiences, NOT only whether an Applicant has previously served as a Director on a Foundation Board.
2. What is the time commitment for the Foundation's Bd. Officers & Directors?
Our Foundation's By-Laws require the Bd. to meet / get together for Bd. Mtgs. several times a year. Most of these Mtgs. are conducted remotely by ZOOM (inasmuch as our Bd. Members / Directors reside in different States, from HI to as far away as NJ). Each Director is expected to prepare for these mtgs., and to participate in good faith.There may be fundraising events & activities from time-to-time, not to mention telephone conferences and other forms of communication as needed and as appropriate. Foundation Officers & Directors are also encouraged to promote our Foundation on social media and its dedicated website. All-in-all, however, the time commitment is extremely minimal & very manageable. Stated more directly, its never been an issue for any of our current Bd. Officers or Directors.
3. Are the Bd. Officers & Directors required and/or mandated to donate monies to the Foundation, and if so, how much and how often must monies be donated?
NO. Truth be told, however, the measure and success of any Philanthropic Bd., to include our Foundation's Bd., includes whether or not each Officer & Director donates money to the very Charitable Organization (s)he serves. So, of course & without question, each Bd. Officer & Director is highly encouraged to donate monies to SeMPer FREY, Inc. (Note: Donations to our tax-exempt 501(c)(3) Public Charity are tax-deductible to the Donor [Consult your tax preparer / CPA] ).
4. Must all Foundation / Board Officers and Directors be residents of the State of Hawaii?
NO. Our Foundation's current Bd. Officers & Directors are residents of numerous different States, from Hawaii to Idaho to Missouri to New Jersey & beyond. For this reason, most Foundation business & mandatory Bd. Mtgs. are conducted remotely, most-often by ZOOM.
5. How long is the term of a Board Director / member?
Our Foundation By-Laws specifically outline term length and term limits of our Bd. Directors. Currently, each Director serves on the SeMPer FREY, Inc. Bd. for THREE (3) years, and there is opportunity for additional terms thereafter subject to certain limits, restriction(s) & discretion.
6. Are the Foundation Bd. Officers & Directors paid monies for the work done by each on behalf of SeMPer FREY, Inc.?
NO. Each & every person who is involved with and works for and advances the mission & mission statement of our Charitable Organization is a volunteer. No one is paid any monies for the energy, effort, commitment & work performed for our Public Charity.
6. What if I have additional questions & concerns which I need to discuss & understand BEFORE I apply for a seat on the SeMPer FREY, Inc Bd. of Directors?
We are here to help & to answer any questions and/or to address any concerns you have, and every one of our Foundation's Bd. Officers & Directors as well as our dedicated volunteer team is very approachable and easy to talk with. As stated several times above, don't hesitate to contact our Bd. Secretary, MIA ( email: Mia.SeMPerFREYInc@gmail.com ) and/or our Foundation Founder & Bd. Pres., GREG ( email: RIP.RememberGrantFreyAlways@gmail.com ). They will promptly answer our questions and address your concerns.
Your MONEY donation will help us to continue our mission. A mission which will forever honor & pay tribute to LtCol. FREY's lifelong desire to help & give guidance to those most in need. Every dollar counts and will make a HUGE difference in the lives of those we serve, ALL in LtCol. FREY's name & honor. Hit one of many links on just about every page of this informative Website, OR Scan a QR Code.
Our small yet extremely dedicated group of volunteers "do what they do" out of their collective respect for LtCol. FREY. Each wants and make a difference, ALL to honor & to pay tribute to LtCol. FREY. Want to HELP? Want to get involved? What to make a difference too? Your time and skills are appreciated. Hit one of many links on this informative Website to send us an email. We assure you. WE WILL RESPOND.
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news and happenings at SeMPer FREY Inc. dba The Wishes GRANTed Foundation by following us on social media. We're active on Facebook (Hit the link below) & Instagram ( #semperfrey ). In order to "get the word out," and to gain followers & supporters, we really depend upon the regular & constant engagement & involvement of all our supporters, friends & donors. Like. Comment. Share. Do it often.
We're always looking for new partners, new sponsors & new benefactors to collaborate with on projects and events which are designed & intended to generate MONEY donations & to bring in folks who want to HELP. Our Website's "Foundation Events" page keeps ALL informed re: events & important things that have happened, are happening & will happen going forward. If you and/or your organization share(s) our Foundation's values and our heartfelt mission, let's work together to make a positive impact just as LtCol. FREY would have done in life & would have wanted now. Hit one of several links found throughout this informative Website to express your desire the "link-up" to HELP SeMPer FREY, Inc. . raise money & increase donations in order to HELP others via meaningful & important GRANTS.
Help us raise awareness of our mission and programs by sharing our website, social media pages, and events with your friends, family, and business connections. Engage with us. Tell "anyone & everyone" you know to do the same. Over time, our modest Foundation hopes to be "well known," BUT it will NEVER happen without our supporters' energy & effort. HELP SeMPer FREY, Inc. become "well known," and in the process raise money to HELP folks who need the MONEY, ALL in keeping with our charitable mission & goals.
Copyright © 2021. SeMPer FREY Inc. dba The Wishes GRANTed Foundation - All Rights Reserved (Trademark pending) (Member, Hawaii Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations ["HANO"]).
This Foundation is NOT endorsed or sanctioned or financially supported by the Heirs of GVF's Estate or by the Heirs' Affiliates & Agents, if any.
Powered by GoDaddy. Hosted by SeMPer FREY.
Aloha & Mahalo for visiting our "Built from the Heart" website. We know you'll enjoy every page, article & picture. We want to inspire you to Get Involved & perhaps DONATE if you can in honor of LtCol GRANT V. FREY, USMC (Ret.).